This week has been long but eventful! Robert has completed his first week at McKendree, and he is doing pretty well. We are experiencing major tears upon separation in the morning that last until the parents have all dropped off the kids and things settle down, but the remainder of the day is good. I have had to start sending a lunch for him (this is new for us), and I have had some real hits and misses in what I have packed! I have found he really likes creamed cheese on bread but is not a fan of black-eyed peas at lunch. He loved his leftover pot pie but would not touch the cheese-its for some reason! His teachers were surprised to learn that he does not like bananas. Ms. Sheri wrote in his progress note that when they gave him some banana for a snack, he looked at her with an expression on his face indicating "you don't really expect me to EAT that, do you?" I reported to her that Robert only eats bananas when his daddy is eating one, too!
Robert is the youngest in his class but is one of the largest in size! His teachers have commented on his physical strength and outgoing personality. I also got a progress note this week that Robert had discovered the make-believe birthday cake in his room and immediately burst into song -- his teachers recognized the happy birthday tune. We have not taught him this song, so it must be something he remembered from daycare in Jackson.
I have completed my first three days at my new job. Everyone seems very nice and easy-going. I have spent my time watching training videos and have not gotten into the meat of the work yet, and I am anxious to get into a file and see what the job is all about! I will have to go away for formal training for TWO WEEKS sometime soon. I have never spent a single night away from Robert, so this is going to be QUITE the challenge for me!
Back to Robert -- Many of you know that Robert has had some big-time sleep issues, mainly due to my inability to be strong and let him cry it out! Well, James promised that when we got to Nashville, he was going to lay down the law. We started last Friday night when we arrived in Nashville, and by TUESDAY he slept through the night!! WOO HOOOOO! The last two nights have gone well, too, with Robert only waking for a brief "whine" or two before going back to sleep. We hope this trend continues, and I am grateful to James for being the "new sheriff in town" and having the loving determined attitude to get us all some much needed rest! We also dropped the night time bottle in the midst of all of this, so Robert is now officially a big boy!
Speaking of James, I am sure you will be surprised to hear that he is studying around-the-clock! He has two mid-term exams next week and a big paper due the week after that. He is somewhat frustrated with the process but is hanging in there, and I am incredibly proud of him. He studies MUCH more than I ever did in law school, and I don't know how he is managing to maintain his current pace - but he is doing it! He wants to post an entry to the blog but has not found the time to do it yet! Most of his study breaks are spent either spending time with Robert or spending some time chatting with me if Robert is in bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment