Tuesday, September 15, 2009

General Update

It's been a while since I've given you a general update on goings on -- so back up two weeks in your mind, and I'll bring you up to speed!

We spent Labor Day weekend in Nashville. We spent most of the day on Saturday moving things into the new house, which proved a bit challenging with a husband who needed to be studying and a toddler running around! We had some great help, though, so we were able to get it done! After church and eating at Swett's for lunch on Sunday, we convinced Robert to take a nice, long nap, and we joined him! After our nap, it was time for James to hit the books again, so Robert and I took off to the YMCA and went swimming. It took him a while to get readjusted to the water (it's been a while since last played in the pool - I believe it was at our church fish fry in July, where Robert had a blast playing with Kaitlyn), but when he saw the supply of inflatable BALLS to use in the pool, he was all for it!

James had class on Labor Day (boo!), so Robert and I stayed home and got things unpacked and in order for James. Tuesday, we visited Robert's new daycare (that is, if I can find a job before he has to give up the spot), which will be at McKendree United Methodist. They had not expected to have an opening for him, so we are thrilled that this is a possibility! I had a job interview Tuesday afternoon, and then we helped my sister Jenny (who is also in the middle of moving) move a few boxes. We came back to Jackson early Wednesday morning in time for work and daycare.

James and his mother came to Jackson this past Friday afternoon for the weekend. We spent the weekend catching up on odds and ends, and James spent some time studying and preparing for his sermon on Sunday. Saturday night, James and I had a wonderful dinner (and by wonderful, I mean WONDERFUL - James is still talking about how delicious the meal was!) at the home of some great friends, and Robert and his Nanny (James' mom) spent the evening with my folks, where Robert enjoyed showing off his dancing skills with his Boo (my dad).

Sunday was the Homecoming Celebration at Lester's Chapel UMC, and Boy! Was it a celebration! James enjoyed the privilege of preaching at the service, which was followed by a potluck lunch with some of the best dishes you could ever find! I would love to post some pictures of the fun, but in the rush to get out the door Sunday morning, I forgot the camera! Maybe some of my Lester's Chapel friends will be kind enough to send me copies of their photos! (Hint! Hint!)

James and his mother headed back to Nashville Sunday night. I have another job interview (cross your fingers!) scheduled for Wednesday, which is wonderful because it will allow us to spend Wednesday night (James' BIRTHDAY night) with James!

One more thought: yesterday, some at church asked for an update on our friend Robert Jetton. His surgery was successful in the sense that they were able to debulk some of the tumor, and he did not suffer any neurological side effects from the surgery. However, the news was not good, as the tumor is extremely agressive and malignant. Please keep this family in your prayers as they come to terms with his illness and spend as much quality time together as they can.

More updates later, and have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment