To begin, let me say that I am incredibly proud of James. He has taken the bull by the horns and has really devoted himself to school (much more than I ever even thought about being devoted to law school). He is putting in the hours and is truly giving it his all. Of course, that means that the entire family "goes" to divinity school, as we are all living around James' demanding schedule. As I mentioned in my previous post, we are starting to get the hang of things and figure out a schedule, but it is tough!
James and I are learning to savor the little bit of family time that we get each day -- whether it be a walk around the neighborhood together, time in the backyard (playing ball, of course), dinner time, or playtime before putting Robert down for bed. Usually, it all adds up to only a couple of hours per day, so we are really trying to make the most of it!
With the time change this week, we are trying our best to get Robert "switched" to the new time as quickly as possible. He is an early to bed kind of kid, with 7:00-7:30 being typical bedtime -- so we kept him up late the last few nights to try to be sure he sleeps past 4:45 in the morning! It is working (sort of.... more on that in a bit). So, tonight we were trying to keep Robert entertained so that he wouldn't get too sleepy too early. James put on some music and the two of them started to get down! It was the cutest thing I have seen them do in a while...... Robert mimicks James more than anyone else -- whatever James does, Robert tries to do. For example, I tried for a solid two weeks to get Robert to repeat "trick or treat" with no luck. James asked him to say it one time, and he did it! Anyway, tonight was one of those moments you just want to freeze in time and never leave..... I sat on the floor with tears of pure joy in my eyes as I watched our child bond with his daddy --- knowing he's already thinking he wants to be "just like him."
Oh - and about the time change..... we are making the adjustment, but Robert's belly seems to be having a hard time with it. I am not excited to report that Robert had his first "midnight snack" last night -- at 3 in the morning. He woke up at 2 and simply would not go back to sleep..... I couldn't figure out what was wrong and finally thought to try a snack (over an hour later).... That did the trick, and he immediately went back to sleep when he was done. Let's hope he doesn't want a repeat tonight, cause I am one tired mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment