It's 9:00 now after our first day of trying to get back into a routine.... Sadly, James is in his chair reading away while I miss his company already!! We have enjoyed our time after Robert goes to bed over the break, so it will take me a while to get used to not snuggling up on the couch together!
As part of getting back into our routine, I am going to try to get this blog updated! I have so much to share! I thought I'd start with a few posts about Christmas Camp 2009. Christmas Camp is our annual family Christmas celebration on my mother's side of the family. It is 4 days of craziness that we ALL look forward to very much! I hope to share some of that craziness and family fun with you in the coming days.
To begin, this year Christmas Camp took place in Kosciusko, Mississippi, where my uncle and his family live. Kosciusko is a wonderful little town that I fall in love with more every time I visit..... and what made the trip even more special is that we got to stay at their cabin on their farm. This cabin is truly my favorite place on earth. My uncle (with lots of help from my aunt and my cousins, too) designed and built much of this cabin himself. Many of the materials were salvaged from old homes (and even an old hotel) in Mississippi. Almost everything in it has a story!
So, this year, James was needing some fun and relaxation, so I convinced him to go down to Kosciusko a day before the rest of the family was set to arrive so that he could do some duck hunting and general relaxation. We arrived late Tuesday night -- and by late, I mean close to midnight. Robert had been a wonderful traveler, as he had been asleep from the Bucksnort exit on I-40, and we had rarely heard a sound from him the entire trip. But when we arrived, he woke up, and we had a midnight fiesta!!!
Some pictures from our Tuesday night arrival.......
the dogs enjoying being out of the car!
and Robert.... checking things out and getting ready to party all night long!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment