Please hang in there as I do some more bragging.... these are things I don't want to forget years down the road.... Plus, I'm a proud mama and just can't help myself!
Here's some background for this story. My parents went to France in early June. The first weekend they were gone, we traveled to Jackson to do some work at the farm. When we arrived at Boo and Grano's house, Robert immediately wanted to know where they were. We told him that they had gone to France on an airplane. That was the only time I can remember talking about how they got to France.... SO......
While in D.C., we have observed lots of airplanes flying into the area airports. We talk about them a lot. We saw one on the trip, and Robert asked, "Where dat airplane going?" I said, "I'm not sure, Robert. Where do you think it's going?" Robert said, "Plane go France."
I am also thoroughly enjoying getting to observe Robert's language develop. He is using pronouns and descriptive words, though not always correctly. He says, "My go do that," or "Mommy bumped his head." But he's getting the hang of it.
We often identify different objects we see -- sometimes everyday objects can be confusing. For example, we saw a white van on the highway. Robert said, "Dat's an ambulance!" I said, "Actually, Robert, that's a van, but it does LOOK like an ambulance, doesn't it?" We have similar "actually, that's a ..." conversations a lot.
So, Robert has started using "actually" himself. He pronounces it more like "achlee." For example, we saw a monkey at the zoo. He said, "That's a monkey, actually." Or he'll say, "Look, mommy! That's a truck, actually."
When he asks if someone or something will be at the place we are heading in the car, I often say, "I'm not sure. We'll see." So last night, we were headed to the Museum of Natural History. We were telling Robert that we were headed to see some dinosaurs and other animals. He said, "See panda bears?" I said, "I'm not sure." And before I could finish, he said, "We'll see...."
No comments:
Post a Comment