We had the big Parsonage Open House and Fish Fry on Saturday. It was a huge success, and everyone had a wonderful time. To say the least, we have been swamped with getting ready for and then recovering from that event.
More on that later, but for now, a Robert story!
We have an 8th grader neighbor named Nathan. Robert LOVES Nathan, and Nathan is a great kid. If he is outside and sees Robert, he always comes over to spend a few minutes dribbling the basketball or playing baseball with him. Nathan came over for the fish fry Saturday and then stayed to watch some football after it was over.
I was back in the kitchen when Robert came in and asked for a brownie. I gave him one, and he took it back to the living room to eat it. In a few minutes, he asked for a second, and because it was party day, I obliged. In a few minutes, he came in and asked if Nathan could have a brownie. Of course, I put one on a plate for Nathan. Little did I know, Nathan had not asked for a brownie.....My parents, Nathan, and Jenny were all in the living room. Robert came back into the room with Nathan's brownie, walked right up to Nathan, and said, "This is your brownie!" Then, he proceeded to eat it right in front of Nathan! Still in the kitchen, I didn't know any of this was going on, so when Robert came back to ask for another brownie for Nathan, I got him another one.... and history repeated itself! Apparently, Robert had four or five brownies on Saturday night.
Who knew we'd have such a trickster on our hands at 28 months old!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment