Friday, November 5, 2010

You want me to do WHAT?!?!?

This morning when I dropped Robert off, Miss Betty was setting out trays (the size of lunchroom trays) on the tables for the children to play with.  Each morning, Miss Betty puts out several trays full of toys for the children to explore.  Sometimes, the trays have playdough.... Other days, noodles or blocks..... Today's trays were on Robert's top 10 list:  They had sand with toys to drag through the sand!  Robert saw this and began to quickly wash his hands (done every morning upon arrival) so that he could start to play.  He turned to Miss Betty and said, "Are you almost done [setting out the trays], Miss Betty?"  She replied, "Almost!  I will be done by the time you finish washing your hands, and then you can jump right in!"

Robert looked at her with the strangest face (as if to say, "You want me to do WHAT?") and said, "I'm not going to jump in THAT, Miss Betty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment