Sunday, April 7, 2013

Saturday Scenes from the iPhone

Saturday was our first "true" Springlike day.  And we were all itching to get out and enjoy it.  Robert wanted to to a little digging, so I found a place in the yard and got him set up with shovels and tractors.  He wanted me to play with him, so I had to find a quick way to get the twins within arms reach while being able to dig in the dirt with him.  Solution:  Plastic Swimming Pool!  These things should really be marketed as swimming pools / outside play pens.  I realize the days that this will contain my two are preciously numbered, but for now, it worked like a charm!








Look at how they both adore Big Brother....


My dad makes a face exactly like the one William is making in this picture.... he looks very much like a Redding to me here (a change from always seeing nothing but Armes in him).





While outside, we discovered that our Mama Robin had laid two beautiful eggs!  Twins! 

We later checked on the nest and found out she's actually nesting triplets!


And, of course, Saturday wouldn't be complete without some good ole puppy loving.  They're a little over a week old now, and Robert is so totally smitten.














We also got the kids out to try to re-create the puppy pictures from Robert's babyhood.  I think those pictures deserve their own post, but here is my favorite one that I shot with my iPhone. 



Aside from naptime, we were able to spend the vast majority of the day outside, and it was glorious!  I hope this warm weather is here to stay!  Late Saturday afternoon, we got ready and headed toward Nashville for a shower to celebrate Jenny and Cole's upcoming wedding.  We got about 10 miles down the interstate and stopped.  Completely stopped.  For quite a while -- not sure how long because babies started crying and Robert started whining.  I was by myself, leaving James behind to prep for Sunday, so I was EVER so grateful when we finally inched to a spot where I could turn around.  We missed the party, which was disappointing, but I was so grateful to pull BACK into our driveway! 



No comments:

Post a Comment