Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Report: Sick Mama, Shopping Cart Adventures, and William's First Tooth


So, our happy, sweet William James had a big weekend. 

Actually, we were supposed to ALL have a big weekend which involved meeting the members of our new church appointment, but I was sick with the stomach bug (ugh).  So, James headed to West Tennessee, and I stayed behind with the kids.  Because I was sick on my way home Friday afternoon, I forgot to stop and pick up some much-needed puppy food.  By Saturday afternoon, there was no more puppy food in the bin, so I loaded up the kids and headed to Publix.  (On a side note:  I am REALLY going to miss Publix when we move this summer.  Is there some kind of petition out there that I can sign begging Publix to build in West TN??????  The bakery.....the customer service....the produce....the meat selection.... and the racecar carts are going to be sorely missed by the Armes crew.) 

Usually, I try to grocery shop at times that I don't have to take along the entire crew.  But, on those times that I do shop with three kids in tow, I load Robert up in one of the racecar carts and the twins in their double stroller.  I push the stroller and pull the cart.  I get lots of looks -- sometimes wonder, sometimes pity.....and I always get a "Boy, you've got your hands full!"  This method seems to work best, as experience has taught me that the easiest way to get through a store with three kids is to keep Big Brother contained and happy!  Anyway, about 2 minutes into the store adventure, William started fussing.  When both arms are taken for pushing/pulling carts and strollers, this is a bad scenario.  Usually, I just stop in the middle of the store, tend to the crying baby, and start out again.  But William wasn't having it.  No bottle would help (and like his big brother, he is not a paci fan).  I had to hold him for a few minutes, but when I tried to put him back into the stroller, he was not going down without a fight.   So, I set him beside Robert in the racecar, because Robert can ALWAYS make these babies stop fussing.   And when I realized William thought that car was pretty fun, I strapped him in and let him ride there for the rest of the trip.  He had a ball!  He even tried to steer like Big Bro.





Sunday, I figured out what all the fussing was about.  William has our first twin tooth, at just under 7 months old. 


All that tooth growing apparently wore him out, and so he took a little carseat nap yesterday afternoon. 


Just for fun - here are some other pics from our sick weekend at home.  The twins are really starting to realize that they have another buddy around.  They love to roll all over the floor (see Mary Elizabeth picture below) and often spend that time "dah dah dah-ing" back and forth to each other.  My favorite thing right now is when they are both on the floor playing and "roll into" each other.  They look at each other like, 'Oh yeah!  I forgot about you!" and give one another the biggest grin. 


I left the room to get a load of laundry and came back to find M.E. here.  No idea how she managed that one. 


Both babies are up on all fours and rocking.... trying to figure out the knee motion for crawling.  Robert crawled (and pulled up) on the day that he turned 7 months old.  I would really be fine if the twins decided to wait a little longer to do that, but I know it won't be long.  They REALLY want to follow their big brother around the house!








No comments:

Post a Comment