I really love facebook. I especially love looking at pics of old friends and their kiddos.... and I love witty statuses! Sometime last year, however, I noticed that some folks used facebook statuses to post a lot of negative thoughts. "I hate when...." or "My job sucks because ...." or "So and so drives me crazy..."
I decided that my use of facebook statusing would from that point forward become nothing but positive. Have I been tempted to post a status when stuck on Interstate 24 saying "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE CRAZY DRIVERS???" Absolutely. But so far, I have managed to stay facebook positive.
I have, however, struggled to carry that positive thinking into my real life, which is often invaded with negative thoughts, mostly around commuting and how I have very little time to accomplish activities because of said commuting....
So, for 2011, I have resolved to become more positive!
I was excited to come across this blog, which has apparently been around for a while. It's author is counting down 1,000 Awesome Things about life. How terrific!
Last night, I read through the first 200. Some of my favorites postings so far:
#998 - Getting grass stains. (These days, I find getting grass stains is even more awesome when done with a 2 year old.)
#991 - Really, really old tupperware (My mother ordered me THIS last Christmas, an exact replica of the one from my childhood! LOVE it!
#956 - Using rock,paper,scissors to settle anything. (James and I use this method quite frequently.)
#943 - Using Q-Tips the way you're not supposed to use them. (I admit it. I do it. After EVERY shower! )
#937 - The smell of rain on a hot sidewalk. (Just the thought of that smell makes me feel like a kid again!)
#910 - When you arrive at your destination just as a great song ends on the radio.
#905 -Using all the different shampoos and soaps in someone else's shower. (Thanks, Mom!)
#872 - The feeling of scrunching sand in your feet.
#867 - Snow Falling on Christmas Eve. (That happened this year..... so magical!!)
#858 - The other side of the pillow. (This one is in honor of Robert, who often tells us he needs a "cold pillow" before going to sleep....)
#851 - Your family car growing up. (One word: SUBURBAN)
#844 - Celebrities on Sesame Street. (This one in particular....)
#814 - Cheesy Theme Songs from 80's Sitcoms (You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have...)
If you have a minute, or an hour, look at this site. It's sure to brighten your day and bring a smile to your face!
One Thousand Awesome Things
You can even sign up to have each entry emailed to you..... a reminder every weekday to find something POSITIVELY AWESOME about your day!
Love this...My favorites - the Burb and Sesame Street!
ReplyDeleteCareful with #943. Did you hear what happened to Steve from the Carmack Fish House? If not - we must fill you in:)
Kiss on Bobert for me.