Monday, January 24, 2011

Wow! Has it been over a week???

I got struck with an upper respiratory cold/bug/infection/whatever over the MLK Holiday that put me out for 2 and a half days.  Happy to say that I am finally on the mend and life is returning to our usual crazy-normal around our house!  I have lots to post and no time to do it.... but want to be sure I document today's milestone.

Today marks Robert's first day......




at daycare.......





in his........




BIG


BOY


UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We have been doing a lot of bare-butt potty training (thus the endless supply of booty pictures of my child on this blog) and decided to move into the world of underwear this weekend.  He wore his big boy underwear to church yesterday.... and arrived home accident free!  He made it all the way until bedtime before wetting his pants.... but discovered that wet big boy pants did NOT feel good, so hopefully he will remember that!

On a side note, underwear obviously feels a bit strange compared to the much-thicker diapers.  In the middle of the MORNING PRAYER at church yesterday, Robert turned to me, started rubbing around his zipper, and said (in a not-so-quiet-voice), "Mommy, my penis hurts!!!!" 

James reported that when he dropped him off this morning (with 2 extra outfits in tow just in case), he informed Ms. Betty about Robert's "big boy underwear" status.  Ms. Betty picked him up, danced a jig, and did some classroom celebrating of this massive achievement in toddler land.   James said Robert was beaming with pride.

I am excited to pick him up this afternoon to hear of his accomplishments in pottyland today!  Hip Hip Hooray for BIG BOY UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with his church proclamation. Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! He is such a doll! Why is it always church when that stuff happens? Coco ripped one during a prayer, and it was so embarrassing but hysterical at the same time.

    ReplyDelete