Number 2. I made a wreath. I want to document it on the blog. So there ya go. ;-)
Number 3. The tap water in our little town is WARM. Has been so all summer. My theory is that it is because of the town water tower. Mind you, I know nothing about water systems, but it makes sense to me that water being stored in a big metal tank with no shade would get heated up by the sun. Anywho, the warm water annoys me for the most part as I have a weird thing where I want cold water to brush my teeth. No idea why. But, I have discovered one GREAT aspect of lukewarm tap water: Bathing in the Garden Hose! That's right! And I'm proud of it, too! (Don't worry - the pastor's wife isn't out in the backyard bathing in the water hose..... but Robert LOVES it).
Number 4. My dad is home and should be ready to return to the real world by Monday. Hooray!
Number 5. We were off to a fantastic start with Robert's preschool, but that fantastic start rapidly turned for the worse. Day one: no tears. Day two: a few tears after Daddy left. Days three and four: crying and kicking and screaming and teachers holding him down (some family members and friends will find this a little familiar). Yesterday evening, Robert and I had the following conversation.
Robert: And how was YOUR day, Mom?
Me: It was good. I got up early this morning to go to work, so I am a little tired now.
Robert: But grown-ups should NOT go to work. Because if they go to work, they have to leave their Roberts at school and their Roberts don't want to go to school without their mommies and daddies.
Break.
My.
Heart.
And if you think it's hard on the little guy, you can't imagine how hard it is on Daddy (who's been the lucky school transporter this week). So, like any good parent, we have resorted to bribes. Robert has already acquired a Spiderman Spy Kit and a new street hockey set. Is this the best parenting? Probably not. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Next week, we may...... may...... MAY throw out the "no crying when Daddy leaves equals Robert's first trip to Chuck E. Cheese's" bribe. Dear Lord, help us! ;-)
OH -- and because it's a special, special, SPECIAL Friday, we might just have to add a.......
Number 6. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY to our sweet cousin, BABY COBB!
Happy Friday, Y'all!

Break my heart, too. Sweet Bobert. That boy is genius, I tell you! Genius!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Bday shout out. It is times like this past week that I wish even more so than usual that we lived closer!! Love y'all!! to the moon and back!!!
tell Robert that Meemow will make him a sword when he comes for Christmas Camp. Guess I need to make two! Love your blog, Kate.
ReplyDelete