Monday, August 8, 2011

Preacher's Kid on Fear

Every church has one.  The little kid who says the darndest things during the children's time at the front of the church.  I can remember thinking that I couldn't wait to hear what So-and-So has to say today.  Very quickly, however, my feelings about that kid are changing...... as I am the parent of one who is quickly becoming "that kid." 

Yesterday's Children's Sermon was about emotions.  Sweet Ms. Carol came prepared with a drawing of several faces, each showing a different emotion.  She asked the children about each face and what it meant.  Robert recognized the "happy" and "sad" faces with ease. 

Ms. Carol then pointed to another face that was tough for the younger kids to recognize:  Afraid.

Ms. Carol then asked, "Do you ever feel afraid?"

Without skipping a beat, Robert replied, "I am not afraid because I have SWORDS at my house!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment