
Work from home = Bliss. I had to go into work THREE days this week due to officewide training on Wednesday, and it was torture! Ha!
2. Robert's been learning about fire safety in preschool. He has told us that it's very important to go outside when you hear the fire alarm, and every loud noise he has heard this week has been identified as a fire drill. He also asks us to make up stories about firefighters, and he is really into "Fireman Sam" on PBS. He also enjoys calling out fireman terms, which apparently includes "Lookout below!" (See dance video in yesterday's post).
3. I added another project to my backdoor decor. James cut these wooden candy corns out of 2 x 12's and I painted them. Candy corn overload!



4. Halloween is quickly approaching, and Robert is very aware of what trick or treating is and that he will get to wear a costume. The problem is that he can't pick a character and stick with it! He has gone through Buzz Lightyear, Batman, a fireman, and others..... Last week, on our way to Nashville, he watched the movie "Antz." He then decided that he wanted to be a "Worker" (ant) for halloween because they get to carry sticks! Mama was grateful that one didn't stick, because I have no idea how to make an ant costume! I think we're down to either Buzz Lightyear or Batman, as those are his two most popular choices. I hope to get something going on that next week.
5. Robert has been hosting nightly "campouts" in his bedroom before turning in for the night. He already sleeps in a tent, so it fits. We roast pretend marshmallows (until they "turn into smores") by our pretend campfire (usually a flashlight) and tell campfire stories. Perhaps the most precious family time we've had in his little life so far. The dogs also made a trip to the groomer this week to be bathed and de-shedded, which has meant they've gotten to spend some time inside and participate in our campouts.... which Robert LOVES. Anna (our lab) has slept in his tent with him the last 3 nights. She is a good buddy and protector of our little man. Last night when I left him, he had sprawled the bottom half of his little body over her -- and I could tell that both of them were in hog heaven!
Looks like we're in for a beautiful weekend! Hope everyone enjoys it!
No comments:
Post a Comment