
Now, I don't have to wait on the home computer (where I usually do my blogging) to become available (you would never believe the amount of time my pastor/divinity student has to spend in front of a computer screen each week). I can blog from anywhere in the house! Exciting stuff! Robert enjoys using it for educational games, a little PBS Kids video watching, and lots of story reading. The iPad has lots of great apps for kids -- even a high tech version of one of my favorite books as a child.

We enjoyed having James home for Christmas break, but he started back to school yesterday. He will be traveling to Nashville three days per week this semester. Yikes! A bit of sad news: Last Friday, we lost one of our beloved dogs, Macy. She was truly a member of our family and had been with us for almost James and my entire relationship. She was like my first born, and I am still dealing with losing her. I am amazed at how difficult it has been. The dogs stay in a kennel outside while we are gone for the day, and James and I have been unable to clean her kennel out yet..... We decided to cremate her remains and hope for some closure when we are able to spread her ashes in some of her favorite rabbit hunting places in a few weeks. Rest in peace, Sweet, Sweet Macy.



Otherwise, the purpose of this post is to just declare that I am back in the saddle again and hope to update you on the past (Christmas Camp, Christmas, Robert's first hunts) as well as the future. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up with it this time. I truly enjoy blogging and find it to be a great way to document our life as our little boy grows up entirely too fast! One quick random thing. James spent the fall creating a new sleeping space for Robert. We call it his "treehouse bed" and he LOVES it. It even has a slide. Here are the pictures of the almost finished treehouse bed (still needs some trim paint (my job) and a roof, which has to come AFTER Robert's new mattress arrives).


Can you tell he likes it??? - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment