Friday, December 4, 2009

What does Robert do all day???

I really enjoy the daily reports that Robert's teachers provide.  It gives us a glimpse into his day, and often times, we get a laugh out of it, too!

Here are a few recent snippets:

12/2/09
Dumping things from containers to the floor is normal toddler behavior.  We have toys made for dumping, but we also model how to just pick the toys you want from a container without dumping.  Robert cleared out an entire shelving unit this morning, but he didn't dump - he picked each toy out one by one!

12/1/09
Robert loves the singing Santa we put out.  I showed the children how he dances and sings.  Every time Santa stops, Robert signs and says "more, more."  Robert loved dancing with Santa!
(Note:  Robert has learned some sign language at McKendree.  He especially loves to sign "more" and "eat.")

11/30/09
When the children get especially loud, we will start doing a "ohm" like you do for yoga or meditation.  At snack this morning, I heard Robert saying "ohm, ohm."  And he was right - everyone was being too loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment