Friday, June 24, 2011

Five on Friday

Crazy week around here - so I'm just going to give a quick 5-point update today and hope to catch up more later!

  1. Today marks Robert's last day at his Nashville daycare. I am having mega-mixed emotions about the whole thing. I am so sad to see his time at a program that we have LOVED from day one come to an end. Yet, he has been through 11 months (almost to the day) of 2+ hours in the car each weekday, and I am so glad that for him, that ends today! The commute is tough on all of us, and some weeks, James and I can visibly see his exhaustion. So for that, I am grateful!
  2. Robert will get a "summer break" from school this year. He will spend the month of July doing some serious bonding with his Daddy. Again, mixed emotions for mama! SO glad that these two get to spend lots of quality time together, which is planned to include fishing, swimming, bike riding, and maybe even a short camping adventure. However, mama is biting her nails a little bit worried about the lack of schedule that time with Daddy often means! These two stay busy and have tons of fun, which means lunch time (promptly at 11:30, please!) and naptime (no later than 1 o'clock) will happen at odd hours.... Oh well! I'm sure we will all survive it.
  3. This Sunday marks our one year anniversary at the churches in Trenton. I can't believe it's been a year already! Our family is so grateful for these two churches, and I have so enjoyed watching James grow into his role as a pastor.
  4. James had a follow up appointment with his ear surgeon last week, and his ear has healed nicely. He still has some more healing to do, though, so he has been banned from going under water for 3 months! This makes summer swimming difficult, but he should be able to do it as long as he doesn't totally immerse his head.
  5. T-G-I-F! This has been one of the longer weeks of life, filled with lots of stressors, both at work and at home. We are glad to put this week in the books and start a new adventure of daddy daycare next week.
Hope to get pictures from Robert's birthday weekend and his last day at McKendree (sniff!) up soon! HAPPY FRIDAY, Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment