Friday, June 10, 2011

Spiderman and Batman

This year, I decided to try something new for hanging baskets. I'm using galvanized buckets.... As soon as I got the new look in place, a mama dove began feverishly nesting in one of them.




She was apparently one of those mamas who don't pack a bag until the last minute, because approximately 24 hours later, 2 eggs appeared.





The eggs incubate for about two weeks, and we have enjoyed checking on them. This week, new baby doves hatched!





Robert was in charge of naming them. He chose Spiderman and Batman. These kiddos have big names to grow into!

They will only be with us for about 20 days before mama will push them out, but we are sure excited to get to watch them grow!


- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. How cool! You have a mini-science lesson right on your front porch!

    ReplyDelete