Last Friday, we got to help celebrate the 21st birthday of Robert's daycare center. We had a parade through the streets of downtown Nashville (complete with police escort) and then came back to the center to sing Happy Birthday and have a cookie treat - BEFORE lunch! It was so much fun, and I'm so glad that James and I got to participate in the parade with Robert, who thought it was FANTASTIC! He has asked every single day since if we were going to have another parade.... and every day when I pick him up and he sees folks walking through downtown, he asks if they are having a parade, too!
When I got there, Robert wanted to show me his classroom's new tool bench. Ms. Betty said she had looked over that morning to find Robert laying under the bench, "working" on something under there. Like father, like son!
Robert's buddy Aidan.
Robert and Addison. Yesterday when I came to pick him up, I think they were calling each other Pookie.
Before the parade....
Stewart, Olivia, and their sweet mama.....
Everybody loves a good parade!!
Ms. Betty, Garrett, and Aidan....
Ms. Cindy, the center's star director.
Robert loved having the 'po po' help us out!
Yay, McKendree!!
Ms. Betty (one of Robert's teachers)
Ms. Jes (another of Robert's teachers)...
Double-fisting the cookies. He had four!
This is Mr. Bill. He has been a volunteer at the center for the longest time and is just the sweetest man -- who happens to make the best homemade ice cream you will ever eat!!!
Happy Birthday, McKendree!!! Thanks for all you have meant to our family and so many others!
- Posted from my iPhone
Pookie? I just laughed out loud. I love that kid.
ReplyDelete