Today, Robert is 2 and a half years old. He is so much fun to be around right now, and we are having lots of fun with him. Some things I don't want to forget about 2 and a half:
1. He is a very, very loving child. He randomly comes up to us and says, "I want to hug you!" or "I love you!"
2. When he wants to know what a new noise is that he heard, he says, "What's THAT sound noise?"
3. He loves Curious George. A lot. He likes to watch the Curious George Christmas Special that we have recorded on the DVR. His name for "the man with the yellow hat" is "Lellow (yellow) pants man."
4. While he and his mama are very tight, the only person he wants when he hurts himself is his Daddy.
5. He much prefers for both parents to aid in the bedtime routine. When James is tied up studying, he always asks first if he can come with him, and if James apologizes and says no, he then asks if James will carry him into the bedroom -- a compromise he can live with!
6. Some of my favorite moments are when he and James are traveling back and forth to Nashville together and they call me on the phone. He often does not recognize my voice when I say hello, so he will ask, "What's your name?" We will have a conversation about "our day" and when it is time to hang up the phone, he hugs the phone and kisses it, and says, "Talk to you later! I love you! Be careful!"
7. He still loves balls. ANY balls. These days, he often sleeps with his football.
8. If he thinks something tastes good, he says it is TOOlicious!
9. When he is excited about something, he jumps up and down and says, "I'm 'cited about the ____, Mommy!"
10. He is so stinkin cute about Santa Claus. He is VERY excited about Santa's visit this year and talks about him all of the time. He loves to talk about how Santa lives at the North Pole with his reindeer and how he drinks cocoa in his sled. Not sure where the cocoa part came from.....
No comments:
Post a Comment