Monday, December 6, 2010

Late Night Sticker Fun

Each night, Robert chooses 2 books to read before lights out.  Last night, one of his books was The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.  This book was given to Robert by "Dr. Joe" and "Miss Becky" when they visited with us in November.  At the end of this book, there is a page of little sticker hearts which say, "The Kissing Hand."  Each time we read the book, Robert gets to take one of the stickers.  Last night was the first time we have read this story at bedtime, and I forgot about the stickers until we turned the last page.....

I knew the sticker would be an issue with getting to sleep.  First, Robert put the sticker on the end of his index finger, stating he had a "boo boo."  I kissed his finger and told him it was all better.... Then he moved the sticker to the palm of his hand, then his wrist, then his cheek.... you get the idea.....

Finally, I instructed Robert that he needed to put the heart on his pajamas and leave it there, or I would have to put the heart away until morning.  Robert gave me his pitiful face and moved the sticker to his pajamas.  I told him good night and turned away from him in the bed to give him an opportunity to start winding down.  After a few minutes of dead silence, I guessed that Robert was almost in dreamland and that I could make my escape.  I turned over to check on him, and he was laying flat on his back, wide awake, completely still, with the little heart sticker planted square on the end of his nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment