Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Nanny Update, Mr. Grumpy Face, and What People Need

First of all, a HUGE thank you to all who took the time to send Nanny an e-card.  She received TONS of messages in the hospital, and we were all touched by everyone's support of her in her recovery!  Now for some GOOD news!  She was dicharged yesterday and was able to come HOME (to our house) rather than go to a rehab facility!  She has made leaps and bounds in her recovery in the last few days, and for that we are most thankful!  James went to Knoxville yesterday and picked her up.  They arrived home in Trenton around midnight (I think!  Robert and I were out cold by that point!). 

I spoke with her briefly this morning, and she is doing so much better than the last time I saw her.  She still requires some oxygen supplementation, but she seems to improve each day.  She was most grateful to have gotten some true rest last night (without nurses waking her up to check her vitals).  We are grateful she is doing better and are grateful to have her home with us where we don't have to attempt to monitor her progress from far away (or drive 4 hours to reach her).   The timing worked out wonderfully, as James is on spring break next week and will be able to stay with her and care for her (while also trying to catch up on all the coursework he has missed).  Before we left this morning, I asked Robert to go ask Nanny if she needed anything before we left, which he did.  A few minutes later, as we walked out the door, Robert called out to her, "Have a good day, Nanny!  I hope you don't need anything!!!"

Now, on to Mr. Grumpy Face.  Robert has a new library book called "Dinosaur Roar," which discusses various dinosaurs, one of whom is grumpy.  After learning what "grumpy" meant, Robert has enjoyed making grumpy faces..... like these....




And finally, a story from this morning's commute.  We were almost to our destination when Robert asked if he could play the puzzle game on my phone.  (I have downloaded an app for him that lets him put together 'puzzles' by moving the pieces on the screen.  He is actually quite good at it now and can even unlock my phone, find the game, press start to begin, and basically work the entire thing himself.)  Anyway, back to the story.... I told Robert that we were almost to school and that he would not be able to play the puzzle game this morning.  He quickly and matter-of-factly responded, "But mama, sometimes people NEED to play the puzzle game!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Robert!! Glad Nanny is home with you and will be getting lots of TLC!! That is good for her heat!! My Rob is much better around the little boy next door and our children!! Amazing what helps!!

    ReplyDelete