Friday, September 30, 2011

Five on Friday - 34!

1.  Today, I turn 34.  I remember when 34 seemed SOOOOO old.  Birthdays are such a wonderful occasion to reflect and be grateful, and I have much to be grateful for.  My health, my family, our happy little life, and, of course, WORKING FROM HOME!!!!  ;-)  Indeed, I am a rich, rich woman.

2.  That's right - I finally made it!  And you will be glad to know that I will stop my annoying countdown!!!  I brought my super duper SSA laptop home with me yesterday (took today off to take care of a few things).  Next week, I will drive approximately 400 miles less than I drove this week.  And I will gain approximately 7-8 hours of time that was lost in commuting.  AWESOME STUFF!  It has been a long, long journey, and I am so incredibly thankful to have finally reached the finish line.  Happy Birthday to me!

3.  Bathing has much improved with the help of the 2 plastic cups in the shower and the return of "baths."  Robert had lost interest in baths, but I reintroduced him to his bathtoys and his love for baths was reborn.  A friend also suggested dollar store glowsticks in the bathtub at night.  What a GREAT idea!  We will be trying that soon!

4.  My dad is headed our way this afternoon to fry fish for both of our churches on Sunday.  I am sad that my mom can't make it, but SOOOO excited for a visit from Boo!  Robert plans to take him fishing.  Should be a memory I will never forget!

5. I got an email from a certain someone with this subject line:  Look Who Has a White Eyeball!!!   Her vision is still a bit blurry, but signs of healing continue.  Hooray!


We are in for a busy few days, so my blogging every day streak will most likely end today.  Have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment