We are so incredibly lucky to have James.... It's difficult to put into words how lucky we are! The last few years of our lives have been C-R-A-Z-Y, especially the last 16 months (since beginning the church appointment). We rarely have any "just us" time, and it often seems every single second of our day is scheduled with something (commuting, studying, working, churching, sermonizing, etc.). We are blessed this weekend to have a special guest doing the preaching at both churches, so we will have some actual FAMILY time (free from worrying about getting home to prepare for church or study) tonight. Robert has been asking for a return to the movies, so we are going to take him to see The Lion King in 3D late this afternoon, followed by a dinner out - Daddy's choice! Not a bad way to spend a birthday, in my opinion! I, for one, am planning to enjoy every second!!!
Happy Birthday to my sweet baby James!
2. Yesterday, I visited the Brentwood United Methodist Church's KidSale, a semi-annual kids consignment sale in the area. I have attended this sale frequently since we moved to the area, but this time I decided I wanted in on the presale by being a consigner (if you are a seller in the sale, you get a special pass to come a day early and shop before the general public). I have done this before at other sales in Jackson, but this was my first experience with this sale. I had very little time to consign, so I went to the website and determined that I needed a minimum of 10 items to participate. So, I went to Robert's closet (full of outgrown stuff I'm going to be posting on a clothing swap website soon) and picked out exactly 10 items. I felt kind of funny showing up at the drop-off with my little basket of 10 items when there were people literally with hundreds of things that they were selling!!! Anyway, I got my pass and showed up last night for the presale, which started at 5:00 p.m. I showed up at 4:30, wondering if I was getting there a bit too early. When I entered the building, there was a sign directing me to "wait in the sanctuary in order of arrival." I walked into the (gorgeous) sanctuary and found at least 100 women who were already there waiting! It was insane. A lady directed me where to sit, and as I sat down, I noticed a huge digital clock that was ticking the time (down to the seconds) so that we would know exactly when it was time to start. My mom called shortly after I sat down, and I told her that I had hit the BIG TIME and that I didn't know if I was qualified!!!
3. While I was at the sale, Daddy and Robert had some male bonding time. They went to the Dollar Tree and bought a sword and shield (what else?!?!?). Then, they went to the "Pumpkin Store," one of those inflatable temporary stores that pop up for halloween -- the one in our town is shaped like a giant jack-o-lantern. They had fun trying on hats and masks.
5. TWO. MORE. WEEKS.
It can NOT come soon enough. I am ready! After a week filled with a big joint worship and BBQ, 2 nights of revival, a (surprise) evening of shopping for school pictures that I didn't know were scheduled, and a night of consigning, I am really really REALLY looking forward to taking the commuting time out of the schedule, at least during the first part of the week. TWO. MORE. WEEKS!
Happy Friday, Y'all! And Happy, Happy Birthday, James! Love you more than apple butter!!!
Happy birthday, James and Robert:)
ReplyDelete