Thursday, September 8, 2011

Labor Day = Resting Up

We had a glorious, uneventful Labor Day weekend.  For me, it was just what the doctor ordered.  After 13 long, long, loooong months of commuting 65+ miles, combined with the usual stresses of life and with a stressful adjustment to a new preschool, I was in need of some downtime.  Thankfully, the schedule was clear for the weekend, so I was able to do just that! 

We had a weekend visit from Jenny.  Visits from Jenny always end up in some form of a dance party.  James is Jenny's favorite dancer, and after much coaxing, they always end up dancing together.  This weekend was no exception.  James was so inspired that they hooked his laptop up to the television so that they could watch and learn the Soulja Boy dance.  Good times.



Robert wasn't too into their dancing, but he did enjoy his Jenny time!  And some "boom" time....



I managed to accomplish a few things (produce stand visit, grocery shopping, laundry, baking, playing warrior).

Here are some RAA cookies in the oven.... he LOVES to "help" in the kitchen!



And, most importantly, I managed to get some good rest, including a nap with Robert every day this weekend -- one of which was a 3 hour marathon family nap on Sunday.  It was still hard to get up this morning when the alarm sounded at 4:30, but I do feel like I can attack these last four weeks and reach the finish line.  Hooray for restful holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment