Friday, September 2, 2011

Five on Friday - Hello, September!

1.  Number one big thing to happen this week:  We entered the month of September!!!!  That means in LESS THAN ONE MONTH, I will begin working from home 3 days per week.  Can't come soon enough!  I am SO looking forward to restoring some order in my life.... and to be able to lose the feeling that I-24 owns all of my free time!

2.  We are still struggling with daycare.  Daddy is not as on board with bribing as Mama is.  Mama is working on Daddy.  At this point, I don't care HOW we make it end - I just want it to end!  Robert does fine during the day, but the separation is still very tough on him - and on Dad!

3.  James is back to school.  I forgot to mention that last week!  He is taking classes two days per week and has signed up for a class that meets basically every other Friday and Saturday for 8 class meetings and then is done by mid-October.  I am so glad he's decided to not cram his course schedule full this semester.  He has earned a bit of a break from the impossible pace he has set for himself the last two years. 

4.  James' mom had some follow up appointments in the last couple of weeks and got great reports from both her oncologist (clear scan!  woo hoo!) and her pulmonologist, who stated that she was doing better than a lot of his younger patients.  We are so grateful for this good news!

5.  You might have noticed already, but I have a slight addiction to photo apps on my iphone.  I think I have about 10 of them.  This week, an app called "BoothClub" was free for downloading.  Of course, I jumped on it.  The app takes 4 quick photos of you, like a photo booth, and puts them on a strip.  I spent some time playing with the app.....and emailing strange pictures to my sister, husband, and mother.....



And I bugged Jenny all day, begging her to download it, too... Finally, she humored me.......


Which led to an assignment:  4 different backgrounds in the pic.  Go!


Jenny issued the same challenge back to me, but said my face also needed to appear different in every picture.  This was tough!


After Wednesday evening youth activities at the church, I got James involved in the fun!  I think the last picture is the best of the bunch!  I laugh every time I look at it!


My next goal is to get Robert involved.  So far, I can't get him to cooperate, the little stinker!

We are looking forward to a nice, long weekend.  No work (or preschool) for Mommy and Robert on Monday, but Vanderbilt is in session.  Boo! 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment