This is an example of Robert's daily "report" sheet from his new preschool. It's been somewhat disappointing to adjust to this new sheet, because it is not like his old daily sheet from McKendree (where the teachers always put a little narrative about something funny or exciting from the day).... I really looked forward to reading those little snippets.....but I digress.
Just like in the pic, Robert's sheet typically has "ALL" circled in these categories: how much he napped, how much he ate, and how much he listened. ("Talkative" is also always circled, and "quiet" has never been circled to date - imagine that!).
Tuesday afternoon when I picked up Robert, I noticed that his sheet said "most" for the listening category.
The horror!!! I felt like my child had gotten his first "C." I didn't mention anything to Robert, planning to get James to ask the teacher (who had already left for the day) when he dropped Robert off the following morning if anything in particular had occurred.
Well, we didn't have to take it that far, because Robert very matter-of-factly tattled on himself! As we were driving home, he said, "Mom, I put my head down today." As any parent of a 3 year old knows, sometimes the conversations you have with your child make little sense. I really had no idea what that meant, so I said, "That's good. Were you playing a game?" The conversation continued...
Robert: No. I put my head down because I didn't listen.
Me: You didn't listen?
Robert: No. Mason and I throwed the toys and we didn't listen.
Me: Did Miss Tammie tell you not to throw the toys?
Robert: (in a very annoyed-with-the-stupidity-of-your-parent-tone) NO, MOM! IT WAS MISS SHEILA!!!!!
Me: Oh, I see. Miss Sheila told you not to throw the toys?
Robert: YES!
Me: And you threw the toys anyway?
Robert: Yes. And then Mason and Robert put their heads down.
And that was that. I love that he is still innocent enough to be my tattle tail..... about his own wrongdoings!
No comments:
Post a Comment