Happy Friday!
1. I am working hard on getting the house "fall ready" and have sped up the process due to a fish fry at the parsonage next Sunday afternoon! I went to the Farmer's Market during my lunch hour on Tuesday to stock up on pumpkins.... I could have stayed there ALL. DAY. LONG.
James, on the other hand, was probably very grateful that I left when I did. This is what my trunk looked like! I shopped from the "bargain" piles and was able to load up!
2. How did folks ever survive in life without a crockpot? I have been using mine at least 3 times a week lately.... favorites for our house include cream cheese chicken, hamburger steak (yes! in the crockpot!), spaghetti sauce, and chicken taco meat. I am going to try a lasagna (in the crockpot!) this weekend. I love my crockpot, but I am excited to soon be able to actually be home and have time to COOK... in an oven or stove..... at least during the first part of the week.
3. Parenthood is the most wonderful and the most challenging job on earth. Robert has recently started resisting bathing in the evenings. We have had many showers that have involved him screaming while we scrub him down. Last night, I handed him two plastic cups to play with in the shower. 2 plastic cups. The shower was a breeze, and he had a blast. Most fun he's had in a long time!
4. My sister Jenny has had an exhausting couple of years of eye problems -- iritis (see this), thousands of holes in her cornea, and more. She got LASIX surgery a few months ago and had wonderful results. We thought her struggles were over. But this week, she had a run in with the packaging of a windshield wiper replacement blade. Bless her heart.
WARNING - GROSS PIC COMING.....
She has a deep gash in her cornea and may suffer permanent damage - but we are hoping and praying for the best. If you're the praying type, would you say a prayer for Jenny?
(And you're welcome, Jeno, for posting the lovely, flattering picture.)
5. This week, James completed this project.
We are still working on the finishing (painting, glazing, etc.), but I am already in love. So far, his newfound love of carpentry has landed me a new coffee table, new sewing/crafting table, a new custom silverware tray, and this bench. I have given him a whole list of future projects to keep him busy for a while.... this is so much better than him hunting or fishing! Ha!
Have a great weekend! ONE WEEK TO GO!!! Woo hoo!!!
I love my crock pot, too, but I don't use it nearly enough. Would you mind sharing your cream cheese chicken and hamburger steak recipes?
ReplyDeleteHilari - Will definitely get you those recipes!
ReplyDeleteHow is your sister's eye? We're praying for a full recovery!
ReplyDeleteThanks, all, for the prayers! Eye is doing much better! So glad Kate was kind enough to share the beautiful picture....
ReplyDelete